on Sunday 5th June our first group started the highland springs mini tennis rally awards designed by the lawn tennis association Mini tennis Scheme
The Highland Spring Mini Tennis Red Awards have been designed for players between the ages of 5 and 8 years old to help mini players take part in exciting exercises with regular rewards which encourage them to develop their tennis skills at a pace that suits them.
Mini Red players progress through different levels by aquiring new skills and taking part in exercises. There are four levels in Mini Red: Red 5, Red 10, Red 15, Red 20.
Within each of the four levels, Mini Red players learn and are tested on four important skills:
- Rally – Learning and developing rallying skills
- Serve – Learning and developing serving skills
- Come to the net – Learning and developing movement forwards and volleying
- Score and Compete – Learning the rules, how to score, how to compete and fair play
The Highland Spring Mini Tennis Red Awards can be completed with a sponge or a felt ball.
Within the Mini Tennis Red Awards there are:
- Key teaching points – these are technical points to be aware of, which can be built into lessons as areas of development, but they should not all be used at the same time.
- Movement – movement skills are vital for development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.
- Mental skills – are vital for all round game development and are written into each Awards skill exercise.
These are a great way to get kids improving their game and we can’t wait to give them loads of prizes!!